Maybe that should be “Secrets everyone knows about me that some people still try to use against me”, (yes people are ridiculous.)
1. Seven years ago I had a DUI
2. I was not the best mother, daughter or wife/partner
3. I have not achieved what “they” think I should have
4. I put up with way too much bullshit in my life
5. I have lied, stolen, gossiped and been disloyal to others
6. I’ve blamed others instead of taking responsibility
I cannot make up for any of these things I can only learn from them and move on. But I’ve learned to stop being bitter and playing the victim and I realize that each and every one of these experiences has made me stronger, more assertive, more tenacious and more determined to love my life as it is and the only person I can change is myself.
I’m not apologizing for any of these things simply stating a fact and moving on. I can’t control what others say and do or how they use their past experiences for themselves.
I love myself with all my failures and flaws, successes and achievements. I have came a long way in my 57 years and no one can take that away from me. So I’ll continue to move on with my life and leave others to do the same.